The Brown Bag Lecture Series presents programming that sparks thought-provoking dialogue and reflection through the sharing of scholarship and professional interests within the JJC community.
• On Tuesday, January 20 at 12 noon in the Main Campus Library, Rene Allen (Compensation Analyst) will be giving her lecture, The Energy in Humans. She will be discussing what affects the energy flow in human bodies, effective ways to improve vitality, and a psychic shield “Golden Sphere” for daily protection.
• On Wednesday, February 11 at 12 noon in the JJC Planetarium, Dr. Noella D’Cruz (Professor, Natural Sciences) will be giving her lecture, Light Pollution and Astronomy.
• On Tuesday, February 24 at 12 noon in the Main Campus Library, Diana Zilly (Instructor Social & Behavioral Sciences) will be giving her lecture, Empowered Goal Setting. Everyone hears about New Year’s resolutions and how hard it can be to make them happen. Learn about the empowering mindset that comes from hypnotherapy and the philosophy of martial arts so that you can become more effective in reaching your goals. This lecture will include some valuable tools and handouts that you can use right away to get started. Interactive and fun, you’ll leave with an energized outlook on achieving your personal goals. Ideal for people who want to improve their eating, exercise, and organizational habits. Great for people who procrastinate!
• On Thursday, March 5, at 12 noon in the Main Campus Library, Dr. Roya Falahi –Kharaghani (Professor, Social & Behavioral Sciences) will be giving a lecture in celebration of Women’s History Month.
• On Tuesday, April 21, at 12 noon in the Main Campus Library, Andy Neill (Professor, Natural Sciences) will be giving his lecture,
Legumes and Your Sustainable Future The Fabulous Legumes and Our Proteinaceous Lives!
In the coming days and weeks, the Brown Bag Lectures Series webpage will be updated with our new mission statement, schedule for upcoming lectures, audio recordings, and information for prospective Brown Bag lecturers. So please check back.